|Prizet Stables is a continuation of the successful Vegan B&B established and run by Sylvia and Chris at Fox Hall in Sedgwick for 17 years. We sold Fox Hall and Fox Cottage in 2008, moved our business 2 miles nearer to Kendal and continue to offer reliable vegan accommodation, service and food to vegans and vegetarians from all over the world at our new address.
The stables date back to the 1830s and were converted in the 1970s to be used as a B&B business until 2003, then self-catering apartments until 2006 before being sold on to us in 2007, along with a strip of land for an allotment garden.
Guest accommodation comprises 4 good-sized rooms on the first floor, all en-suite (photos). On the ground floor the dining room caters for 12 diners and there is a guest lounge with sliding doors to a pleasant lawned garden and fine views across the River Kent valley easterly towards The Helm. Evening meals are available to residents and various vegan cookery courses are held throughout the year. A range of home-made preserves, walk leaflets and patchwork shopping bags are on sale.
MORE DETAILED INFORMATION FOR YOUR COMFORT AND PEACE OF MIND
· High chair, travel cot & bedding available.
· Children of all ages very welcome. We have 4 grown-up girls of our own.
· Earlier mealtime for children if requested.
· The breakfast menu and evening meal menu are all vegan.
· Special diets no problem – sugar-free, gluten-free, yeast-free, etc. Raw foods available. We are a vegan family so we don’t provide meat, milk, eggs or honey.
· Flexible times for breakfasts and evening meals.
· Sorry no pets. Some of our guests are allergic to pet fur.
· Strictly no smoking, although you may smoke outside.
· Tea and coffee making in all rooms.
· Non-allergenic duvets and pillows provided. Bedding and towels are washed using vegan washing liquid and fabric conditioner.
· Centrally heated throughout.
· Cycle storage.
· Private parking for 6 cars.
· Use of washing machine on request.
· Books and maps to borrow.
· Early or late arrival no problem.